An XTERRA Offroad Triathlon: Do it solo or as a team but be sure to TRI it!!!
- 2016 XTERRA TRI the Torture >> Sat. August 6th
- In beautiful Glorieta, NM.
There will be activities for all; before, during, and after the race, on the Glorieta Camps Campus. Enjoy hiking, biking, waterpark fun and more! Bring the family for a fun day in the mountains. Food and drink will be available after the race.
Schedule of Events
- August 4, 2016 - midnight, registration closes.
- August 5, 2016 - 2 PM Pre-ride and run. The pond will not be open for swimming.
- August 5, 2016 - 4-6 PM Check-in, Glorieta Camps, Baseball Field adjacent to pond.
- August 6, 2016 - 7 AM Glorieta Camps, transition & check-in open, Baseball Field adjacent to pond.
- August 6, 2016 - 8 AM check-in closes.
- August 6, 2016 - 8:45 AM transition closes.
- August 6, 2016 - 8:45 AM pre-race meeting, Ramp adjacent to Boat House.
- August 6, 2016 - 9 AM race start.
- August 6, 2016 - 11:15-11:30 AM expect first racer finish.
- August 6, 2016 - 1 PM XTERRA TRI the Torture Awards, adjacent to the transition area.
- August 6, 2016 - 1 PM the Water Park/pond will be closed and XTERRA athletes, spectators and family will be restricted to the transition field and athletes still on course will bypass the pond and run directly to the finish line.
Race Venue Description
Thank you for registering, supporting a racer, spectating or volunteering for XTERRA TRI the Torture. We’re excited to have you participating in the Third Annual XTERRA Tri the Torture. We’ve laid out a fun, yet challenging course on the beautiful Glorieta Camps property. Spectators are encouraged and will have fun at Glorieta Camps. We have an announcer/DJ to keep everyone entertained and up to date on what’s happening in the race. The venue has an area with big trees for shade and a nice grass lawn adjacent to the transition which is great for spectating. Spectators will be able to use the water park, trails, and possibly a zip line or two, after the race has started until 1PM. Race start is 9 AM on August 6th, 2016.
Race Venue Directions
The race venue is at Glorieta Camps, 11 State Road 50 located off I-25, 15 miles north of Santa Fe. To get to the race venue:
- Take I-25 to exit 299.
- Coming from the South, go left over I-25 then left again on the frontage road, back the way in the direction you just traveled to the Glorieta Camps gate.
- From the North, go right and then left on the frontage road to the Glorieta Camps gates.
- For more information on the venue and directions visit www.glorieta.org